iGene Laboratory Private Limited
1 Science Park Road #04-10,
The Capricorn, Singapore 117528
IGENE LABORATORY PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
iGene Laboratory is committed to ensuring the protection of all information assets in iGene Laboratory’s possession, in accordance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (the “PDPA”), the Healthcare Services Act, the Ministry of Health’s guidelines, directives and other relevant legislation.
This Personal Data Protection Policy explains details the way data is collected, used, stored, disclosed and protected. Moreover, it describes the types of information collected, as well as the reasons and methods of accessing and correcting such information.
The policy herein serves as a supplement and therefore does not supersede or act as a substitute to any other prior consent that have been provided to iGene Laboratory with regard to personal data provided. iGene Laboratory also reserves all rights granted by the law to collect, use, or disclose personal data.
Definition of Personal Data
Personal data is any data about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether that information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not. Examples of personal data that we may collect include an individual’s name, NRIC number, passport number, contact number, date of birth, mailing address and email address.
Types of Personal Data that may be provided to or collected by iGene Laboratory include but are not limited to:
- NRIC, passport or other personal identification number;
- Telephone number;
- Fax number
- Mailing address;
- E-mail address; and
- any other information relating to the individual that has been provided to iGene Laboratory
Collection of Personal Data
iGene Laboratory may collect personal data in any of the following scenarios:-
- when a form is submitted, including but not limited to laboratory request forms
- when tissue specimens or any other organic materials is provided such that it is linked with other data in a way that an individual can be identified
- when interacting with customer service officers, phlebotomists, medical technologists and other iGene Laboratory representatives via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, in-person meetings, and email
- when on iGene Laboratory premises, or when attending events hosted or sponsored by iGene Laboratory during which photographs or videos are taken by iGene Laboratory representatives by CCTV
- when services are engaged through online platforms, such as iGene Laboratory website, including any other online platforms, technologies, or tools
- when a request is made to contact the individual, be included in an email or other mailing list, or when one responds to request for additional personal data as part of promotions or other initiatives
- when contacted by, and respond to any iGene Laboratory staff or iGene Laboratory representative
- when personal data from referral parties, public agencies, employer, or any other third party is received
- when a payment is made or provide details to facilitate payment
- when on iGene Laboratory websites, information may be automatically recorded on iGene Laboratory server logs from the browser used
- when personal data is submitted to iGene Laboratory for any other reasons
- when personal data, directly or indirectly, an individual expressly grant consent to iGene Laboratory to collect, use, and disclose personal data to all relevant third parties as laid out in this Personal Data Protection Policy.
Purposes for the Collection, Retention, Process, Use, Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
iGene Laboratory uses the personal information it collects and holds to:
- contact individuals to respond to enquiries, to follow up, for authorisation in relation to any service
- enable the provision of iGene Laboratory’s products and/or services to party requesting such product/service
- effectively administer, manage, monitor and improve services
- planning, evaluation and complaint-handling
- communicate with individuals by various means about available services
- charging, billing, processing health insurance claims and collecting debts
- assess job applications
- verify an individual’s identity
- comply with quality assurance or clinical audit activities
- undertake accreditation activities
- respond to feedback and/or queries
- address liability indemnity arrangements and reporting
- prepare the defence for anticipated or existing legal proceedings undertake research and the compilation or analysis of statistics relevant to public health and safety
- enable iGene Laboratory’s service providers to comply with their legal and regulatory obligations
- administering and processing requests for services offered by iGene Laboratory, including creating and maintaining profiles of iGene Laboratory’s customers in iGene Laboratory’s system database for administrative purpose
We may also use personal data in circumstances where we are required or authorised by law to do so or where we otherwise have consent of the individual or their representative.
Disclosure of Personal Data
By contacting or dealing with us, the individual herein agreed unilaterally that we may disclose an individual’s personal information to the following third parties (including but not limited to) to:
- other health service providers involved in the individual’s treatment or diagnostic services
- insurers and legal representatives
- service providers engaged to provide services to laboratories including referral laboratories, some of which might be located overseas
- relevant government ministries, regulatory bodies, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or directives imposed by any governmental authority; and/or
- any other party to whom iGene Laboratory is given authorization to disclose Personal Data to
Retention of Personal Data
We store personal and health information in both paper and electronic form.
iGene Laboratory shall retain Personal Data as may be required for its legal or business purposes until such time that iGene Laboratory reasonably determines that such Personal Data is no longer necessary for its legal, business purposes or in compliance with PDPA laws.
iGene Laboratory is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of Personal Data, and under no circumstances shall iGene Laboratory sell, rent or share Personal Data with any unrelated third parties.
The security of personal and health information is very important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Personal and health information is retained for the period of time determined by iGene Laboratory and/or stipulated by law after which it is de-identified or disposed of in a secure manner.
How do we keep personal information accurate and up-to-date? The accuracy of that information depends largely on the quality of the information provided to us.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date, and also when we use or disclose it, that it is relevant.
How can personal information we hold be accessed?
Individuals have a right to access the personal information that iGene Laboratory holds about them. We will endeavour to give access to an individual’s personal information in the form they request.
However, if the situation doesn’t permit us doing so, we will, with reasonable means, provide alternative means of access or discuss how access can be given through a mutually agreed intermediary.
We will disclose the personal information and give access to the individual’s Authorized representative or legal adviser whom we have been given written authority to do so.
Please be aware that if the personal data has been provided to us by a third party, the induvial need to contact that individual or organization directly for any related query or complaint.
iGene Laboratory PDPA Policy and Data Protection Officer
Any feedback or enquiries relating to iGene Laboratory Data Protection Policy or need clarifications related to data protection, to contact iGene Laboratory at:
Data Protection Officer
Changes to this policy iGene Laboratory reserves the right to review, change and update this policy from time to time to reflect current practices and obligations and changes in technology. iGene Laboratory will publish current Personal Data Protection Policy on www.igenelab.com and the changes will take effect at the time of publishing. Please review this policy regularly and remain familiar with its terms.